How often and how many people are affected for sexual or family violence?
* 74% of all Texans have either themselves, a family member
and/or a friend have experienced some form of domestic violence.
* In the United States today, 1.8 million teens have already been the victims of serious sexual assault.
* At Freedom House, during 2007, 188 Individuals were provided Shelter and 319 New Individuals received Family Violence Intervention Assistance through the Outreach Office.
* 209 New Individuals received services related to sexual assault from Freedom House during 2007.
What is the shelter like? Is it like the pictures on TV?
* The shelter at Freedom House is a comfortable, safe place where you can rest and have peace so you can make decision about your future. It is a refuge from violence. It is a home like setting. It is safe and secure.
My Husband is threatening to hurt me and my kids. What should I do?
* Please call us. We can help you develop a safety plan and consider your options. You get to choose what you do and choose what makes sense to you at this time.
I’m not sure if this really qualifies as family violence. He hasn’t hit me but he threatens me and tells me all the time how useless I am. It really hurts.
* Violence can be verbal, physical, or sexual. It is all about controlling you and having power over you. Yes your abuse qualifies as family violence. Verbal abuse can be the worst of all.
Can men and boys be sexually assaulted?
* Yes! And they can be victims of family violence. Freedom House serves many survivors of abuse who are male.
If I receive Therapy, does this mean I am crazy?
* Most definitely not! The fact that you recognize that you need help to heal means that you care about yourself and those who love you. Therapy is a way of regaining your own power so you can live a happy violence free life.
If I receive help from Freedom House will everyone in town know?
* One of the core beliefs of Freedom House, is the protection of your confidentiality. Please let us explain to you how it works. Call us. Block your number if it makes you more comfortable.
Office: 817-596-7543 24 Hour Hotline: 817-596-8922