Freedom House of Parker County


Freedom House offers counseling services free of charge to adult and child victims of domestic and/or sexual violence, regardless of gender or sexual orientation. We believe that psychotherapy is a way of expressing feelings, exploring relationships and gaining self-fulfillment in a safe environment. Individuals can learn more about themselves and begin to see themselves as people who have value and deserve respect.

Individual Counseling

Individual counseling is available for all ages and is beneficial to primary victims (those that have directly witnessed or experienced the violence) and also to secondary victims (those who have a loved one or a family member who has been abused). Both primary and secondary victims are eligible for our services. Individual seeking therapy may call the office to get registered with an advocate to get on the waiting list. 

Counseling provides survivors with a safe environment to work toward healing from abuse. Process trauma, learn coping skills, expressing emotions, healing from abuse and working toward other goals selected by the client. 

Our Freedom House therapists are licensed to practice in the state of Texas. EMDR Trained Therapists are on site. EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization & Reprocessing) is a psychotherapy treatment that helps individuals recover from trauma, including the emotional distress and symptoms. You can read more about EMDR therapy on the EMDR Institute, or contact our office. 

Group Counseling

Support group is open to any individual who has experienced any form of domestic or sexual violence, either as a child or as an adult. Group allows one to address issues relating to relationships, family interactions, self esteem, gender roles, and other topics. Call Freedom House office for an intake before attending group and for more information on dates. 

Play Therapy

Expressing what cannot be spoken

Play therapy is provided for children, ages 3 and up, who have experienced, witnessed, or been affected by domestic violence and/or sexual assault, including incest. The child is able to communicate through play about his or her world in a medium that is natural to the child. The adult seeking services for the child must be legally able to do so. Contact our office to set up an appointment with the child advocate to register your child(ren) for services.